What is Child Sponsorship?
Child sponsorship connects a supporter with a student at our Remedial Education Program.
Through the sponsorship, we reinforce the learning of children in schools to ensure higher retention, reduce dropout rate and create favourable conditions in the community thereby addressing crime prevention.
How to sponsor a child
Working on a larger mission of crime prevention, the project addresses the issue of high dropout rate which is one of the most critical areas of concern in government schools. There is no denying the fact that early leaving of school is directly proportional to increase in deviancy and delinquency among children who drop out and have lower education attainments. Thus, the present project works on strengthening the concepts of children in schools so that the chances of dropping out due to low learning levels and decrease in interest in education is reduced considerably. The project also works on promoting holistic development of children through offering a whole range of activities as part of personal development program including health care and nutrition, art and craft, library, value education sessions, exposures etc. An objective system of tracking every child’s learning level and health status is an integral part of the project. The project also works closely with other stakeholders such as government schools in which these children are enrolled, parents and the community so as to create favorable conditions in the community for promoting education and thereby addressing crime prevention.
As a sponsor, you’ll be able to see your impact first-hand through:
- Quarterly Updates
- Annual Reports
- Information of Key Programs
- Interventions and activities done by the organization.
Your 10,000 Indian Rupees support:
- Reinforcing the learning of children, building a foundation to continue education and thereby ensuring higher retention.
- Enable holistic development by providing access to personal development activities such as art and craft, yoga, exposure visits, health care and nutrition etc.
- Inculcate value-based leadership at an early age among selected children from grades 4 and 5 in order to enable them to run (BAL) Gurukul on their own as office bearers.
About Navjyoti India Foundation
We are a not-for-profit society, registered in 1988 by then 16 serving police officers of Delhi Police and conceived by Dr. Kiran Bedi, first Indian woman IPS, and her team of North district police, with the main objective of crime prevention through welfare policing, education of street children, vocational skills for women drug peddlers and de-addiction programs were its initiating projects.
Over the last 34 years, Navjyoti India Foundation has been working relentlessly to bring about qualitative behavioural change and impact lives of the under-served in need in the urban slums of Northwest Delhi and Rural Villages of Sohna, Haryana. Our bottom-up approach of inclusive development and self-motivation has touched millions of lives and has moved us on to the path of sustainable development through our programs in Child Education, Women Empowerment, Skill Up-gradation for Youth, Community Development and Environment.
Write to us for any questions:
Reach out to our partnerships team via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
What does my Child receive?
- Daily Remedial Education Classes.
- Art and craft twice in a month for every class.
- Sports and library once in a month for every class.
- Exposure trip at least once in a year for every class.
- Yoga workshops for all children.
- Health camps for children
- Talent mapping and offering platforms for promotion on regular basis.
- Project making and showcasing once in a year by every class.
- Summer learning festival is conducted in summer vacations.
What can I expect as a sponsor?
- A quick-start guide to child sponsorship along with more info about your child including a photo.
- Photos and updates about your child on a regular basis.
- See your impact in action through updates and quarterly emails. And the option to visit your child and tour our life-changing community centres.
Navjyoti India Foundation reaches out to the vulnerable children of J.J Colony, Bawana, Delhi, India
The motto of our organization is “Towards Self-Reliance”, we reach out to like-minded individuals and link one child with your support, the 10,000 INR annual support for 1 year helps a child go from one class to the next, we look for a commitment of 10 years from any supporter so that you can witness the journey of your supported student from Class 1 to Class 10.
You can reach out to our partnerships team any time if you wish to cancel your sponsorship or if you want to increase the support to more children, as a grass root organisation we request our supporters to let us know about the cancellation in the first quarter of the year so that we can reach out to other supporters to create a backup for your support and continue the education of your supported child.